Whether you’re suffering from IT band pain, knee pain, “tennis elbow,” arthritis pain, chronic pain, “runner’s knee,” pain in the hip flexors, back and neck pain, tendonitis -the list goes on and on! – joint pain can cause a decrease in mobility, range of motion, and hold you back from doing the things you love.
Our goal is to help keep you out of surgery and get long-lasting relief from your joint pain. We have over 30 years of experience helping those in Hartford, CT, increase their flexibility and range of motion and get relief from joint pain.
what causes joint pain?
Joint pain is a quite common complaint for many people and the severity can range from minor aches and pains to debilitating chronic joint pain. It can be caused by a large array of things such as arthritis, sports injuries, car accidents, wear and tear degeneration or specific injuries not treated properly at the time of injury. At Pinnacle Pain Management and Weight Loss, we have experienced professionals who can properly diagnose and treat your joint pain and aid your recovery. In many instances, you don’t have to continue to live with your pain and loss of mobility.
- Arthritis: This is a general term used to describe any condition that leads to inflammation in the joints. There are many different types of arthritis, but the most common ones that cause joint pain are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Bursitis: Bursitis is a condition that occurs when the small, fluid-filled sacs that cushion the joints become inflamed. This can happen due to overuse or an injury and often the first symptom is joint pain.
- Gout: This is a form of arthritis that is caused by the build-up of uric acid crystals in the joints and can be very painful.
- Injury: An injury to the joints, such as a sprain or fracture, can lead to joint pain.
- Tendonitis: Tendonitis is a condition that occurs when the tendons, which connect the muscles to the bones, become inflamed. This is often due to overuse or an injury and can often cause joint pain.
- Sports Injury: An injury, such as a ligament tear or a fracture, can also cause joint pain. This is common among professional athletes or even weekend warriors.
what are the common treatments for joint pain?
Treatment for joint pain will be determined once the underlying cause has been identified. However, some common treatments include:
- Rest: Resting can help to reduce joint pain and inflammation.
Pain relief medication: Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, can be helpful in managing joint pain.
Heat and cold therapy: Applying heat or cold to the affected joint can help to reduce joint pain and inflammation.
Exercise: Gentle exercises that don’t put too much strain on the joints can help to keep them mobile and reduce pain.
Surgery: In some cases, joint surgery may be necessary to repair damage or correct a joint deformity.
If you’re experiencing joint pain, it’s important to see a doctor to get an accurate diagnosis and to determine the best course of treatment. Some injuries are going to be more serious and will need expert care rather than at-home remedies.
what happens if joint pain is left untreated?
If left untreated, joint pain can lead to more serious problems, such as arthritis or bursitis. Therefore, it’s important to seek medical help as soon as possible if you’re experiencing joint pain that is persistent or severe.
what techniques can help joint pain?
At Pinnacle Pain Management and Weight Loss, we utilize safe and effective techniques and therapies to help people live with less pain and regain their mobility.
- Knee-On-Trac is a device that gently decompresses the knee joint reducing the pressure on the joint and cartilage. It creates a vacuum effect that increases blood flow and nutrients into the joint to reduce inflammation and joint pain. This is a solution for people who have been told there are no therapies left for them, Knee on Trac opens up new, non-surgical possibilities.
- Trigger point therapy is a technique used to apply some pressure on specific points in the body to reduce your joint pain and discomfort as is postural correction to allow for appropriate healing.
- In some instances, regenerative medicine or hyaluronic acid injections are utilized to help the lubrication of the joint and healing process, and have proven incredibly valuable as a part of joint pain treatment options.
- Lifestyle advice is often critical for patients with joint pain as well…this can include weight loss, changes in daily activities, low impact exercises and more.
At Pinnacle Pain Management and Weight Loss, we realize that joint pain can be quite severe, and we are here to help you. We highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with our clinician so that an appropriate diagnosis and effective treatment plan can be initiated so you can regain your life and mobility.
If this joint pain is not treated early enough, it usually ends up as a surgical case. Our goal is to treat joint pain safely, effectively, and avoid surgery at all costs.
Our pain management specialists are experts in diagnosing and treating joint pain, and we are dedicated to helping you regain your quality of life. Contact us today at (860) 775-4547 to learn more!