Are you one of the many people who suffer from knee pain? If so, you’re not alone. Knee pain is one of the most common types of pain, and it can be caused by a variety of things. Whether you’re suffering from IT band pain, swollen knees, “runner’s knee,” arthritis pain in your knee, “jumper’s knee,” or tendonitis in the knee, we’re here for you.
On this page, we’ll discuss the common causes and treatment options for knee pain. We’ll also provide tips for managing your knee pain and improving your quality of life. So if you’re dealing with knee pain, read on! You’ll find information that can help you get relief from knee pain.
what are the different types of knee pain?
Not everyone experiences knee pain the same way or in the same places. Some feel pain in the back of the knee, some experience knee cap pain, while others would describe their pain as inner knee pain. Some only notice knee pain after running or exercising, while others are in constant, or even chronic knee pain. While the causes of knee pain vary, some of the different symptoms and red flags for knee pain are:
- Knee swelling
- Knee redness
- Knee stiffness
- Knee pain when walking or bending
- Knee weakness
- Sudden pain in one or both knees
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s important to see a doctor to get an accurate diagnosis and to determine the best course of treatment for lasting knee pain relief.
what causes knee pain?
Knee pain is a quite common complaint for many people. It can be caused by a large array of things such as arthritis, wear and tear degeneration or specific knee injuries. At Pinnacle Pain Management and Weight Loss, we have experienced professionals who can properly diagnose and treat your knee pain and aid your recovery. In many instances, you don’t have to continue to live with your knee pain and loss of mobility.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a common cause of knee pain, especially in older adults. There are many different types of arthritis, but all involve inflammation of the joints.
- Bursitis: Bursitis is a condition that occurs when the small, fluid-filled sacs that cushion the joints become inflamed. This can happen due to overuse or an injury and knee pain can sometimes e the very first symptom.
- Tendonitis: Tendonitis is a condition that occurs when the tendons, which connect the muscles to the bones, become inflamed. This is often due to overuse or an injury and can cause knee pain.
- Sports Injury: An injury, such as a ligament tear or a fracture, can also cause knee pain. This is common among professional athletes to weekend warriors.
what are the common treatments for knee pain?
Treatment for knee pain will vary depending on the cause. However, some common treatments include:
- Rest: Resting the knee can help to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Ice: Applying ice to the knee can also help to reduce pain and swelling.
- Compression: Wearing a compression bandage can help to support the knee and reduce swelling.
- Elevation: Elevating the knee can also help to reduce swelling.
- Pain relievers: Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen, can help to reduce knee pain.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help to strengthen the muscles around the knee and improve range of motion.
If you’re experiencing knee pain, it’s important to see a doctor to get an accurate diagnosis and to determine the best course of treatment. Some knee injuries are going to be more serious and will need expert care rather than at-home remedies.
what happens if knee pain is left untreated?
If left untreated, knee pain can lead to more serious problems, such as knee arthritis or knee bursitis. Therefore, it’s important to seek medical help as soon as possible if you’re experiencing knee pain that is persistent or severe.
what techniques can help knee pain?
At Pinnacle Pain Management and Weight Loss, we utilize safe and effective techniques and therapies to help people live with less pain and regain their mobility.
- Knee-On-Trac is a device that gently decompresses the knee joint reducing the pressure on the knee joint and cartilage. It creates a vacuum effect that increases blood flow and nutrients into the joint to reduce inflammation and knee pain. This is a solution for people who have been told there are no therapies left for them, Knee on Trac opens up new, non-surgical possibilities.
- Trigger point therapy is a technique used to apply some pressure on specific points in the body to reduce your knee pain and discomfort as is postural correction to allow for appropriate healing.
- In some instances, regenerative medicine or hyaluronic acid injections are utilized to help the lubrication of the knee joint and healing process, and have proven incredibly valuable as a part of knee pain treatment options.
- Lifestyle advice is often critical for patients with knee pain as well…this can include weight loss, changes in daily activities, low impact exercises and more.
At Pinnacle Pain Management and Weight Loss, we realize that knee pain can be quite severe, and we are here to help you. We highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with our clinician so that an appropriate diagnosis and effective treatment plan can be initiated so you can regain your life and mobility.
If knee pain is not treated early enough, it can end up as a surgical case. Our goal is to treat knee pain safely, effectively, and avoid surgery at all costs.
Our pain management specialists are experts in diagnosing and treating knee pain, and we are dedicated to helping you regain your quality of life. Contact us today at (860) 775-4547 to learn more!